Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 50 - I'm not a gainer!

Day 5 Maintenance 181.8 lbs
TL: 27.2 lbs
FMW: -.2 lbs

I'm not a gainer! Two brownie bites didn't ruin me! I lost .6lbs today. I also haven't pooed in a day or so. It COULD be all the cheese. This is really going to be a tough 6 weeks emotionally. I need to learn how not to hang on every day's gain or loss. It's like a freakin' roller coaster. I really want to just start weighing once a week but that's not the rules. I guess it will get easier. I'm still fresh off of the "lows" from VLCD. I should start mellowing here any day now. Overall I'm impressed with the consistency of my weight. I was expecting it to be much harder. Once again Dr. Simmons knows his stuff. I'm expecting the second half of Maintenance to be more difficult though. Once I add carbs back, I'll really have to watch what I'm eating. Right now it's easy because I can eat what I want.....except carbs....and it's a breeze.

Today was difficult. There is hardly anything left in the house that I can eat. All the cheese is gone. All the eggs are gone. All the leftovers have carbs in them. We're at the end of a pay cycle and the end of the grocery list. I wound up having a brownie bite and big glass of milk. Horrible, I know. But my other choices were cereal, oatmeal, rice, pancakes, french toast, gravy and biscuits....all the stuff I still have to make for breakfast. If you can't tell.....we are kind of carb heavy in our diet. But like most people, financially, carbs make sense!

For lunch I made some chicken salad using canned chicken. CANNED! Ugh. Who actually eats this stuff? It was disgusting and I wound up eating two homemade chicken nuggets made from REAL chicken and with whole grain breading, and a couple of REAL french fries from potatoes I sliced up myself.

For dinner we were supposed to eat at the Blue and Gold banquet. Eythan is "crossing over" today. That means he will no longer be a cub scout but a BOY scout. My little man is growing up. I ate a huge hunk of mozzarella cheese before I left just in case there was nothing there I could eat. There was a bunch of fresh veggies and salads to choose from so I did just fine....until the cupcakes. The glorious blue and gold cupcakes. Cupcakes made with love by someone who really knows how to bake and made them from scratch, icing and all. Lemon cupcakes that were so moist I could feel them through the cupcake wrapper when I got Caedon one. I couldn't hurt Kelly's feelings. She had worked so hard. She had slaved all day to make these moist, delightful treats from scratch. No, I was a good friend. A GOOD friend I tell you! So I chose a scrumptious lemony lemon moist and gooey golden cupcake.  I took one bite and handed it to Jon. I'm also a good HCG dieter!

No comments:

Post a Comment