Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 46-Excited, a little scared, and little puke

Day 1 Maintenance
181.6 lbs
TL: -27.4 lbs
FMW: -.4 lbs

It wasn't as bad as could have been. I gained .4 lbs. I'm still in the clear.

This morning was interesting. I woke up again early and couldn't sleep due to the sounds emanating from my tummy. I was so ready to indulge in all the decadent foods I'd been missing for 40 plus days. It was kind of like getting your drivers license though. Remember all the plans you had? All the places you were going to go and all the things you were going to do? Then you get your license and all you could think of was going to Sonic to get a route 44 and then go home because you actually were a little scared of all the freedom. Ok well maybe not YOU, but that was me. That's how I felt this morning. I could have so many things and there was so much freedom, but I was actually a little scared that this whole process wouldn't work. I was afraid if I did what Dr. Simmons says I would gain weight. THAT would suck more than anything else after the deprivation of the past 40 plus days.

I made, eggs with cheese, strawberries, homemade chocolate crunch cereal, and a glass of raw skim milk (I used the fat skimmed to make the butter I cooked the eggs in...I'm so industrious!). I, of course, did not have the cereal as it was made of oatmeal and had honey and sugar in it. I didn't go overboard due to my fears and it was a good thing. I had about 1 egg, 1 giant strawberry, and about 1/2 cup of milk. This was plenty. If I had made more eggs I wouldn't have eaten them. I was completely full and satisfied! I even wound up feeding some left over eggs to the dogs...not enough to save.

Then Caedon threw it all up in the middle of the family room floor. It is always worth mentioning at this point, a miracle in a bottle. I believe that God, in his great love and compassion, has provided us with the cure for every disease. We just have to find it. Old wisdom sometimes had the answers and we have just forgotten over the ages. The cure for stomach viruses is Bentonite. You can get it at any health food store. It is clay mud. It absorbs everything in your stomach and passes it quickly with out the slightest bit of discomfort. Since we were introduced to it, our family has not suffered with stomach viruses. We may feel queasy and tired but we don't vomit for hours on end. We might a few loose stools but no explosive diarrhea. This stuff WORKS! We always have a bottle at home and now we have one at our parents’ houses too just in case. With kids around, it is always something we have to deal with and now at the first sign, we all take the bentonite and we're good to go!

So for lunch I had the left over stir fry I made on Tuesday. It was sooooo goooood! My new favorite spice is paprika! I've always had it and never used it. I read a recipe using it the other day for an Asian meal so I tried it. It is sweet. Not just nice, but sweet tasting. You might try it on something if you’re having a sweet tooth.

I made bean burritos for dinner. I've been experimenting with homemade refried beans. I was actually able to legally taste them this time so I'm getting close to perfecting my recipe. They were very tasty. I also made homemade tortillas. I tasted a corner of one. Now I've made yummy tortillas before, but these were scrumptious! Velvety soft, chewy but not tough, and just a hint of saltiness.....and they were whole grain. Maybe it's just my carb deprivation, but these were the best tortillas I've ever had....including Ted's and they're tough to beat. So maybe I had two corners but that's it! I just piled beans on my plate and doused them with cheese, sour cream, cheese, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and cheese. It was so good I had seconds...and that was a mistake. I think my eyes are literally bigger than my stomach now. I was miserable the rest of the night. I've never wanted to make myself throw up before last night. It had nothing to do with calories and everything to do with being completely uncomfortable that my stomach was so full. I probably only had a total of about a cup of food. In the past, I might have eaten even more. Yesterday it was twice as much as my stomach was willing to hold. So not only does this diet help for 40 days, but your stomach is physically changed so that you can't eat as much when it's over! I’m really nervous about what the scales will say tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment