Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day Three

Day 3 HCG
Day 1 Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD)
209.0

Today's gain is not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not feeling as miserably as I did last night. I'm definitely not hungry. I'm only supposed to eat when I am hungry, and only up to 500 calories a day. Why? How? The HCG! So what is HCG? Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. Oh, What's that? Well, HCG is only produced naturally when a woman is pregnant. Although only women produce it, it is not a reproductive hormone. It is a metabolic hormone. HCG Tells your metabolism that all your fat reserves need to be released. For a pregnant woman this is important because a growing baby needs nourishment continuously, not just when the mommy eats. For the dieter, all fat reserves are released and available for consumption by cells. More on this later. But if you can't wait, you can download the free book, "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simmons that explains the entire diet, here.

I got hungry about 10 an ate an apple. I started working on my first litre of water. For lunch I made Herb Encrusted Talapia (see the recipe here) and sauteed some zuccini with Natures Seasoning. I finished off my first litre of water too. I felt stuffed after that.

I had another melba toast for snack and then broccoli beef stir fry for dinner. Everyone wanted ice cream later so I put my 6 strawberries in a blender with ice, a tablespoon of milk, and a packet of stevia and had sort of a strawberry milk shake.

It's not that I feel really hungry, but I just want to eat more. I wanted the chicken and rice I made the family for dinner. I wanted the PB&J I made the kids for lunch. I wanted the ice cream and m&ms they snacked on. I wanted chocolate milk. But I was never hungry. The biggest thing keeping me from cheating at this point is the fact that I spent so much money on the HCG and that I'm poking myself every morning. I don't want that to be in vane. I really hope I see a significant loss tomorrow to keep me going. I've peed enough to loose at least a pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment