Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 11 - Soldering On

Day 11 HCG
Day 9 VLCD
199.2 lbs
-9.8 lbs

Well, .6 lbs, wouldn't say that was a success. I'm only .2 lbs down from before the gain. I only ate 3 apples yesterday too. Since I wasn't eating I made a lot of stuff for the rest of the week. I made apples chips all day long so I have bags of them sitting around. Don't think I'll be wanting them after yesterday though. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a shot. I made tomato basil soup and marinara sauce to use on some chicken dishes and maybe meatballs if the meat grinder gets here soon that Rena got me/Jon for our birthdays.

Though I'm not satisfied with my current results, I'm going to carry on. Firstly, I spent too much money on this to quit and waste it. That's pretty much against everything in me. Secondly, I think I've moved on to a new stage. I'm past "cravings valley" and now I'm on "stubborn hill". I've begun to embrace the cravings as an assault and I fight back with determination. I lay on the couch last night quietly satisfied with the rumblings in my stomach that were no longer a sign of deprivation but of triumph.

I've also noticed a new phenomenon in my life since about the third day of HCG: Energy. I have to admit before the HCG I was going to bed around 10 and was dragging myself out of bed at 8, or whenever the kids forced me up. Now, I'm staying up to at least 11 and I'm usually laying in bed awake when Jon's alarm goes of at 6:30. Last night I even stayed up until 12:30 planning on sleeping in. However, I was wide awake by 7 and couldn't go back to sleep, though I tried. It could just be the fact that I'm anxious to weigh each morning, but I think it goes beyond that. I'm finding my attitude is much lighter, more playful and forgiving because I don't feel so tired. I think HCG plays a huge part in that, but also the pronounced lack of preservatives, additives, food coloring, high fructose corn syrup, and the like in the food I have to eat on this diet. Plus I'm not carrying around a 9.8 lb load all the time.

I was hungry by 9 so I had tomato basil soup with a grissini. I had herb encrusted talapia for lunch and chicken fajitas for dinner. Let's see what the morrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment