Monday, February 8, 2010

Day One

Day 1 HCG
Loading Day 1
206.4

I got up, peed, weighed, showered, let the dogs out, drew my .25 cc HCG solution and put it on the counter, took my potassium pill (apparently it will help with possible nausea), fed the dogs, and prepared the needle and my tummy for injection with the alcohol pad. The actual injection had been causing me the most anxiety of this whole process. But after having found the video last night of the lady showing how to inject I was a little more confident. I touched the needle to my skin and it hurt, so I chose a second spot in the general area, it hurt too and my confidence was diminishing. I touched the needle to a third spot close by and low and behold I couldn't feel it! So quickly, before I changed my mind, I stuck it in and injected the solution. I didn't feel a thing. I kept feeling around to make sure I really just didn't inject the stuff ON my stomach instead of INTO the skin. But there wasn't any dripping. I really didn't hurt at all!

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. Today I'm supposed to be eating A LOT and high fat. But, I haven't been able to go grocery shopping because my van is out of commission. So I'm stuck with loading using what I have in the house. This is the problem. We eat what I call "healthy". My version of healthy is only eating real food. So my pantry consists of things like flour, sugar, butter, meat, whole grains, rice, beans, yeast, spices, herbs, milk, eggs, and cheese. You get the picture. Only things you can pronounce all the ingredients or identify as coming from nature. What I really would have liked was Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast, but what I had was eggs with butter and cheese, oatmeal with butter and sugar, and whole milk. I ate until I was on the verge of being sick. I hope it will be enough. Oh, and a chocolate covered cherry. Rena (Mother in law) gave them to me for Valentine's.

For Lunch I made two loaves of homemade bread and ate a piece hot out of the oven slathered in butter. Then I ate two more pieces. (see the easy and oh, so yummy recipe here, after your three weeks maintenance of course!) I was going to make a pbj sandwich with my homemade peanut butter and jelly, but I just loaded up with the butter instead. I followed lunch up with a couple more chocolate covered cherries. Then I thought I might be sick. I'm just not used to eating this much. I've eaten twice as much as I normally eat by this time in the day and there is still dinner to go.

And dinner....oh my. We went to Ted's Cafe Escondido. This is our favorite place in the entire world. It is the best Tex Mex restaurant EVER! And we've been to a lot of Tex Mex places. I loaded up on complimentary queso, salsa, chips, and tortillas before my LITE portion sour cream chicken enchiladas came out with rice and beans. I forced myself to eat the entire thing and top it off with a complimentary cinnamon sugar sopapilla. By the time I went to bed I was still miserable. I told Jon I was never going to eat again as long as I live. Is this the HCG working already or just overindulgence. I had a little night cap of Tums and dreamed of HCG injections.

No comments:

Post a Comment