Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 112 - Happy Anniversary!

My Stats
Day 30 R2
165.2 lbs
R2:-14.8 lbs
Total: -43.8 lbs

What an awesome day!  12 years ago today we vowed to love and cherish each other forever.  Through sickness and health.  Even though we have been obese for a very long time, we still loved and cherished each other.  Now we are back on the road to health, and I think we love each other more.  It's almost like sleeping with a stranger!  Our anniversary gift to each other was doing this diet.  It's quite an expensive gift, but one that will last forever.  I gave Jon another gift today.  I put my wedding ring on.  I've had it for over 12 years and in that time, I've worn it on my ring finger for maybe one year.  I would never let him size it because I always promised I was going to loose weight.  Now, for the first time in at least 10 years, I can wear my wedding ring! 

We went to see "Clash of the Titans" early in the morning and ate our melba toast during the movie.  The we went driving around.  It's one of our favorite things to do.....when we don't have kids.....even though we drag them with us sometimes.  What can I say...I think we have gypsy blood!  I like that....because I like words without real vowels.  Then we went to Texas Road house and shared a steak.  Jon had broccoli, and I had tomato.  After that I went to Cato again to get another bra and a pair of shorts.  It was quite an experience.  There were no size 12's on the clearance rack, so for kicks I got a size 10.  With the slightest of tugs I buttoned them.  I was amazed!  I didn't like the shorts so I told Jon to go get me some more size 10 shorts. He came back with THE cutest pair.  I held my breath, though not to suck in, just out of anticipation.  They slipped on fine, and they were stretchy denim so they buttoned just fine too!  I looked in the mirror and tears  formed in the corners of my eyes.  I gained my composure and stepped out to show Jon.  He immediately noticed my red eyes and I lost it.  Right there in the middle of Cato I started bawling.  The other customers and the cashiers were all staring at me, but I didn't care.  I was proud.  Jon held me and asked me if I was OK.  "Yes", I squeaked. "I'm just so happy."  Once I was breathing normally again, I apologized to everyone near me and explained why I was crying.  There were many smiles and congratulations. Jon felt blessed that he got to experience that moment with me.  What a happy anniversary.  We went to Lowe's to buy stuff to build a platform bed....we're so industrious, then headed home and watched some movies.  I'm so blessed, and so fortunate to have Jon.  He loved me when I was a fat, crabby, miserable woman and he loves me now that I'm a not so fat, not so crabby, and not so miserable woman.  I can't imagine not having him.  He's my best friend, my lover, the father of my children, and the husband God knew I needed.  I love him....what a happy anniversary!

Jon's Stats
225.6 lbs
-21.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment